Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Kabul: A major blast has been reported at a mosque in Kunduz, Afghanistan on Friday evening killing at least 100 people who had went to extend their Friday prayers, news agency AFP reported hospital sources.
So far, no group has claimed responsibility for the blast.
Afghanistan’s TOLOnews reported that the bomb blast took place in Sayed Abad area of Kunduz. The explosion occurred during Friday’s Juma Namaz.
A suicide bomber detonated his explosives among worshippers in a mosque in Kunduz city on Friday afternoon during the Friday prayers, TOLOnews quoted a local security official as saying.
Even the Deputy Minister of Information and Culture Zabiullah Mujahid confirmed the blast.
“Today in the afternoon, in the Khanabad Bandar area in the capital city of Kunduz, a blast targeted a mosque belonging to our Shia citizens and martyred and wounded a number of our compatriots,” he tweeted.
No specific numbers of casualties have been provided by official sources. While local security officials told TOLOnews that over 300 hundred people were attending the Friday prayers when the attack happened.
Eyewitnesses said over one hundred worshippers were killed and wounded in the attack.
Even the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan also said initial reports indicate that over 100 people were killed and wounded in today’s blast inside a mosque in Kunduz.
#Suicide #Bomber #Targets #Mosque #Kunduz #Killed