The Juneau Afternoon group is taking a break to watch the vacation. The present will return on Wednesday, November 30 at 3:00 p.m.
Please get pleasure from these hand-picked vacation specials this week on KTOO:
- Dwelling On Earth Thanksgiving Particular: As People collect to offer thanks over a feast, a take a look at how embracing the plant world in our diets connects to local weather, well being, and democracy. Additionally, in some Native cultures 4 extra staples be a part of the “Three Sisters” of corn, beans, and squash. The “Seven Sisters” and the significance of saving Native seeds, that and extra on this particular Thanksgiving version of Dwelling on Earth from PRX. (Wednesday, November 23, 7:00 pm)
- Songs of the Individuals: Indigenous Roots of Black People Music is a 28-minute audio program hosted by Benjamin Mertz, a tune chief within the Black Religious custom. This system will take a look at pre-Twentieth Century Black music as a folks custom, exploring its connections to its African ancestry and its similarities to the standard music of the First Nations in North America. With work songs, drum circles, sacred chants, and songs evoking the imagery of rivers and mountains, Black Religious music lives hand-in-hand with different Indigenous music traditions. (Thursday, November 24, 3:00 p.m.)
- Indigenous YOUth Nation: Indigenous YOUth Nation is a 29 min episode that works to “Have fun Tradition”, “Empower Youth,” “Nourish Data,” “Encourage Intergenerational Dialogue,” and construct robust roots for our future generations. (Thursday, November 24, 3:30 p.m.)
- Giving Thanks: Classical music is the center and soul of the unique Giving Thanks. Between the music, no clichés about pilgrims and pumpkin pies. As a substitute, it’s a recent celebration of the spirit of Gratitude. Whether or not your listeners are early within the kitchen, on the street to a household gathering, or stress-free after the feast, Giving Thanks offers the proper environment for Thanksgiving: the heat of nice music, and actually memorable phrases. With music and tales for Thanksgiving, host John Birge creates a considerate, modern reflection on the that means of the vacation. (Thursday, November 24, 6:00 p.m.)
- Estranged: Host Anita Rao meets two girls who — by selection or circumstance — grew to become estranged from their dad and mom. Author Raksha Vasudevan shares how being an immigrant shapes how she thinks about creating distance from her household, and Tiffany Scott talks about what it was wish to be ghosted by her dad. The 2 replicate on discovering belonging elsewhere and searching for help from non-traditional sources. Anita additionally learns from two siblings who had been estranged for greater than 40 years that whereas reconciliation is feasible, it’s not for everybody. (Friday, November 25, 3:00 p.m.)
Take a look at our full schedule here. Have a secure and joyful week!
#Juneau #Afternoon #vacation #schedule